Every application installed on Mac machine uses preferences to store settings and customizations. The preferences files are stored on your hard drive and they are updated as you update the software settings. Like other Mac applications, Mac Word also lets you store the customizations in preferences file. However, in some cases, preferences file corruption may cause document corruption and put you in need of Word Document Recovery Mac solutions.
When you start Word for Mac application or try to open a document, you may run across the following error message:
“Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
As stated above, the problem usually occurs due to preferences file corruption or word document corruption. In such cases, you need to opt for Mac Office recovery solutions to get your data back.
To sort out this problem, remove Word preferences files using the following steps:
- Quit all Office applications and open Library folder from Home.
- Open Preferences folder and find com.microsoft.Word.plist file.
- Move this file to desktop and start Word again. If the problem is fixed then move the file to Trash.
- If problem occurs again, then move the file to its original location and open Preferences folder again.
- Locate the com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist file and move it to desktop.
- Start Microsoft Word for Mac again and check the status of the problem.
If the problem still occurs, then you need to reinstall Mac Office. In case this problem is with a specific Word file, then it is due to document corruption. In such cases, you have to opt for Mac Word recovery tools.The document recovery software are particularly developed to repair and restore damaged Word files. They come equipped with interactive user interface to help you easily and quickly recover your data.